[EN] NEW CORONAVIRUS: THE VADEMECUM WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF DOUBTS
1. What are the symptoms I need to watch out for?
Fever and flu-like symptoms such as cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, muscle ache and tiredness are signs of a possible new coronavirus infection.
2. I have a fever and / or flu-like symptoms, what should I do?
If you have been in close contact with a person infected with the virus in the last 14 days or have been in a high-risk area or have worked in a healthcare facility with COVID-19 patients, remain indoors and call your family doctor, the pediatrician or the emergency medical service.
3. At what point should I call a doctor?
If you think you may be infected, call immediately, explaining your symptoms and contacts at risk.
4. I can't contact my family doctor, what should I do?
Call one of the emergency numbers listed on the website: www.salute.gov.it/nuovocoronavirus.
5. Can I go directly to an emergency department or to my family doctor?
No. If you go to the hospital emergency department or to an outpatient clinic without first having agreed with your doctor you could infect other people.
6. How can I protect my family members?
Be sure to always follow good personal hygiene (wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based gel) and keep the place clean. If you think you may be infected, wear a surgical mask, stay away from your family and disinfect everyday objects regularly.
7. Where can I take the test?
Tests are performed only in selected National Health Service laboratories. If your doctor thinks a test is needed, he or she will give you instructions on how to proceed.
8. Where can I find other reliable information?
Follow only specific and updated indications on the official websites of local authorities and the civil protection department.
Download the poster: NEW CORONAVIRUS: THE VADEMECUM WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF DOUBTS ( )